Applying for accreditation
Standards and criteria
All materials submitted for accreditation should:
• be made by email to email@example.com, including submission of any supporting documents and materials
• reflect the most current evidence based practice
• Have undergone checks for spelling, grammar, accuracy of content
• Be at a suitable level for the target audience
• Have clear aims and learning outcomes
• Be evidence based where appropriate
• Be referenced where appropriate and the references are made available if required
• Be impartial and not promote any one specific drug/medicine/product
• Clearly demonstrate the contribution to continuing professional development (CPD)
• Clearly demonstrate the opportunities available for assessment and evaluation of the event/course/published material
• Criteria for e-learning programmes
We ask that you declare all sponsors involved in any of the materials submitted for accreditation.
Other Accrediting Bodies
Please declare whether the event / course / published material is also being accredited by another organisation, and what this accreditation involves e.g. accreditation of attendee; awarding of CPD points etc.
Fees for RPS accreditation vary depending on the type of initiative and accreditation. We offer special discounts for not-for-profit organisations, NHS Trusts, sole traders and charities and regular clients.
If you need help deciding which accreditation type is the most appropriate for you, the fee payable or if you have any questions regarding the RPS accreditation process, please contact RPS Support or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The application process
• Following your visit to the RPS accreditation page, download an accreditation information pack
• Complete the application form and email with supporting materials and payment form to email@example.com
(If you need to send large documents, please let us know in advance).
• We will let you know within a week about the suitability of your application for RPS accreditation, whether your documentation is complete or whether we need further documentation.
• We will contact the appropriate reviewer(s) to assess your application and supporting materials.
• We will then inform you of how long the review process will take. Reviewers will do their utmost to review your application within a 2-3 week period but published material (such as work books) may take longer.
• Once the reviewers have completed their evaluation and submitted their report, we will inform you of the outcome of the review to: ‘Accredit’, ‘Accredit with conditions’, or ‘not to Accredit.
• We may ask you to make amendments prior to Accreditation, i.e. ‘Accredit with conditions’. We recommend that you complete the amendments and submit the relevant documentation to us within 4 weeks. We will of course be flexible in special circumstances.
• Successful applications will be granted ‘Accredited’ status and will be confirmed with
a. an ‘Accreditation Agreement’ - which details the terms and conditions of the accreditation for signing by both parties;
b. a copy of the Royal Pharmaceutical Society accreditation logo with our terms and conditions;
c. a template of our ‘attendance’ certificate (optional) for delegates to conferences and events;
d. a template of our ‘CPD’ notes page (optional) for delegates to record their learning, if required.
• To complete the process, please submit a copy of the accredited materials with the RPS logo for our records which will help us to determine any future updates.